Tuesday, March 11, 2014

where's the beauty in fear...

Dear Fear,
          I write to say I hate you. I love you. I write to say thank you for the fun times, and you're a dick for the missed moments. That time I jumped 40 feet into that lake. That time I drove way too fast on the freeway, and got pulled over moments later. The time I stood up to him, and the time I didn't speak to her. The time I went months without talking to dad, and the minutes I sat in front of his door. No I didn't ring the doorbell. Still deciding if I regret it. The time I didn't kiss her or hold her hand All because you showed up disguised as something beautiful like butterflies, when really, you're nothing more than a moth. These memories are of you. I can feel you visit as I write this, And I'm okay with that. I can always count on you friend.
                                                 
                                             With love,
                                                     Samps

P.s. time to move out.



1 comment:

  1. "All because you showed up disguised as something beautiful like butterflies"

    Fear is such a beautiful/horrible thing. You perfectly described how I feel about it.
    Also, I love that quote.

    ReplyDelete