Sunday, March 16, 2014

Death, don't come knocking...

 Death
noun
1. the act of dying; the end of life; the total and permanent cessation of all the vital functions of an organism. Compare brain death.
2. an instance of this: a death in the family; letters published after his death.
3. the state of being dead: to lie still in death.
4. extinction; destruction: It will mean the death of our hopes.
5. manner of dying: a hero's death.  


There's more to death than what dictionary.com considers it to be.

Death is getting pulled over.
Death is forgetting the name of one of your favorite songs.
Death is waking up for school.
Death is not being able to sleep.
Death is the regret you get when you don't talk to "her."
Death is falling on your face while rollerblading.
Death is dropping your phone in water.
Death is cracking your screen.
Death is when your dad walks out.
Death is when your mom blames you.
Death is stubbing your toe.
Death is high school. And middle school. And just about any school.
Death is screwing things up.
Death is being a disappointment.
Death is not being able to think of what to write. (Maybe that's an exaggeration but whatever)
Death is eating sugary stuff with cavities.
Death is the dentist.
Death is trying to hard.
Death is the pacer.
Death is love. Yet I still love it.
Death is fear.
Death is a bad joke.
Death is a bad first date.
Death is when creativity ceases to exist.




"A man who won't die for something is not fit to live."

- Martin Luther King, Jr. 


“I don't want to die without any scars.”
  - Chuck Palahniuk, Fight Club


“I'm the one that's got to die when it's time for me to die,
so let me live my life the way I want to.”
- Jimi Hendrix - Axis: Bold as Love

3 comments:

  1. "Death is falling on your face while rollerblading." I guess in this case, it comes for me a lot then.
    I really like how you see death in all these different ways instead of just the big scary way. "There's more to death than what dictionary.com considers it to be." I like the quotes too. Good post.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think that you spelled death wrong in your heading..."death is stubbing your toes" I like it because its true, stubbing your toe hurts so bad!

    ReplyDelete
  3. "Death is high school. And middle school. And just about any school."
    "Death is the pacer"
    and the fight club quote. brilliant.

    ReplyDelete