Sunday, February 9, 2014

Sing like you're dancing for nobody around caring...

Did that title make sense? No.
Do I give a crud? No.
Would a kid care? Hell no.

I miss being a kid.
I miss when it was socially acceptable to crap myself.
I miss when I was allowed to cry with out having my manliness questioned.
I miss when I didn't have to question anything.
I miss not having to care what others think.
I miss when my brain wasn't filled with depressing thoughts.
I miss when I didn't have to wear a mask.
I miss when humor was found in everything. (That never really went away actually)
I miss when friends didn't stab backs, and girls had cooties.
I miss when I didn't have to impress girls. (Not that I do that now)
I miss when I could run buck naked through the neighborhood, and people thought it was cute.
I miss when Courage the Cowardly Dog was the scariest show, and Scooby Doo helped me over come that fear.
I miss when  I could color out of the lines.
I miss when a green monkey and a purple ocean totally made sense on the coloring pages.
I miss getting booboos kissed when I got hurt.
I miss when my parents would help me bare my testimony.
I miss falling asleep on the couch, and waking up in bed.
I miss piggyback rides.
I miss wall ball during recess.
I miss double dutch.
I miss the play-sets at fast food restaurants. (Blasted weight limits)
I miss playing terrible music on the piano, but it still sounding good to everyone.
I miss discovering new scents. New sounds. New feelings.
I miss the tooth fairy.
I miss Santa Clause.
I miss believing in things without needing proof. 
When do we get to be a kid again?


"When I grow up I want to be a little boy." 
            ~Joseph Heller



4 comments:

  1. You don't understand how much I love your writing. Everything about this was perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Santa line...about believing in things without needing proof.

    And that Joseph Heller quote was perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your lists I love your quotes I love your background I love your name I love your titles. Especially this one.

    ReplyDelete