Thursday, January 30, 2014

"Any Fool Can Know." Albert Einstein

Choosing a topic is tough.
So I thought to myself, "Let's write about how much the choir teacher scares me."
But then I decided to take a more safe approach and write about what I've learned over my long, 17 year run at life.

I have learned that my family comes first.
I have learned that pizza definitely comes second. (That was a joke...maybe)
I have learned that music can fit any situation.
I have learned that the second comma is called an oxford comma.
I have learned that to write poetry, you have to rip your heart out, and put it on the page.
I have learned that being a tight kid isn't everything, and being a nobody can sometimes suck.
I have learned that my mom is always right. Even if she's wrong.
I have learned that you have to find your voice.
I have learned that Nixon pulled a dumb one with Watergate.
I have learned that beauty is in everything, even the weird videos about robots falling in love.
Yes I watched the whole film. And yes I cried. And no I don't care what you think.
I have learned that nothing is more heart wrenching than youtube videos of soldiers coming home.
I have learned that everyone is BEAUTIFUL.
I have learned that Taco Bell gives me heartburn, but I still go there all the time cause it's cheap.
I have learned that girls don't like chest hair. And guys don't like leg hair. (hint hint)
I have learned that Winter is my favorite season, but so is Fall, Summer, and Spring.
I have learned, that you don't need friends, when you have Netflix.
I have learned that doing a pull up sucks, but sitting on the couch doesn't.
I have learned that life is a privilege and we're just borrowing time.
I have learned that girls deserve to be treated like queens.
I have learned that every smile feels good.
I have learned that I love quotes.
I have learned the difference between there, their, and they're.
I have learned that no matter how much I try to act like I don't care, I always will.
I have learned that confidence is everything, but you don't need it if you have abs.
I have learned that I'm scared to write sad things, because I never know what memories will return.
I have learned that no matter how many times I try to talk to you, you'll never notice.
I have learned that break ups are hard.
I have learned that getting a 4.0 is impossible if you like to take naps.
I have learned that the girl across the room that doesn't talk to anyone always needs a friend.

“Life is short, Break the Rules.
Forgive quickly, Kiss SLOWLY.
Love truly. Laugh uncontrollably
And never regret ANYTHING
That makes you smile.” -Mark Twain



11 comments:

  1. Woah. This was unreal. I think I'm in love.

    ReplyDelete
  2. "you don't need it if you have abs"

    you've got such charming writing. the perfect kind of aphorisms, just simple and fresh and honest.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I watched the whole film too. I will have you know that I only cried about half of my body's fluids out.

    Also, I love your writing. Give me more!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I watched the whole film. Worth it, and I cried too. I have also learned all (Less than 25%) these things. (I still have a lot to Learn, this reminded me.)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this so much. its nice to remember that there are things to learn about life that aren't math and science.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That Mark Twain quote is now one of my favorites. Good pick.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Funny and beautiful. What more could a reader ask for?

    ReplyDelete
  8. "I've learned that a 4.0 is impossible if you take naps."
    #stolen

    ReplyDelete
  9. "I have learned that Winter is my favorite season, but so is Fall, Summer, and Spring." and "I'm scared to write sad things, because I never know what memories will return." favorite lines.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I just love your blog. And I may or may not have read each of your posts at least 3 times....

    ReplyDelete